To partner with Courtney, click DONATE! Each inmate book sponsorship is $10

I WAS IN PRISON DOCUMENTARY

Relationship Detox!

Lately I have really been realizing the importance of surrounding yourself with the right kind of people. I understand now more than ever that if you want to have a happy life you must surround yourself with people who inspire and uplift you. Ask yourself, what kind of person do you want to be?

I don't know about you, but I want to be happy! Happy is not just an emotion, it is a state of being. A happy person is not swayed by bad circumstances. We all have hard times, it is part of life, but the kind of person I aspire to be is happy no matter what life throws their way! Most people live their life based off circumstances, but God calls us to be be happy all of the time.

"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1Thessalonians 5:16-19

If you are going to become the person who can genuinely be thankful in all circumstances, then you must surround yourself with people who are going to help you do that. Ask yourself, after you spend time with any specific person, how do you feel? Do you feel anxious? Maybe they make you worry? Do you feel depressed? These are some warning signs to a toxic relationship. I have had many experiences with people like this, and it doesn't mean you need to cut them off completely (it might) but it does mean you need to cut the amount of time you spend with them down to a bare minimum.

Surround yourself with people who inspire you to be great. For example, one thing I want in my life is to have a strong, healthy, and happy marriage. That means I don't take advice from people whose marriages are NOT all of that stuff. I look for marriage advice from Godly couples who have strong, healthy marriages. Our marriage continues to grow and get stronger every day and I am convinced that it is because we have found, and continue to find people who have been down our same road. Marriage is hard work, don't make it harder by surrounding yourself with people who aren't happy in theirs!

Another example, who is your best friend? Does your best friend see life with a positive outlook or do they continually focus on the negative? Do they inspire you to be a better wife, mommy, and woman in general? Mine does! I will say hands down she is a better mom than I am!! Her house is always clean, she is very organized and her kids always look magazine ready. She inspires me to be better. I can say because of her, I am better.

The right people in your life will make all the difference in the world. Cut out the negative relationships and find people who inspire you to be better. If they don't build you up, and help you when you are feeling down it is time to go!

Please feel free to share your experiences with me! I love to hear from YOU my friends!!!!! XXOO






We want to hear from you!!!

Name

Email *

Message *