I don't have any fancy subject to write about at the moment, just taking a moment to be grateful.. All I can say is that this was, by far, my most favorite year ever, of my whole life. Yep. My entire life. I am so thankful. We had lots of changes this year... We had a baby... our last baby, and our little family of five is now complete. My hubby sold his business, I started working part time doing something I am passionate about, which led us to a new church that we love.Our marriage is stronger than ever and we are all healthy and happy.We have had lots of victories this year. Several different things that were meant for harm have been turned into the very things that have made our family stronger.The future is bright.. Bring it, 2014!
Ladies, this one is for you! Lately I have been quite alarmed at the amount of friends or acquaintances of mine who have decided for one reason or another that they are not having sex with their husband, whether it be for an undefined amount of time, or they just make constant "I have a headache" excuses.
Wow. Like seriously ladies. This is important! Here is what the bible says about it:
"3 Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.5 Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control."
1 Corinthians 7:3-5
If you are not having sex with your husband, your marriage is not going to be good. God designed sex and it is crucial for having a happy and satisfied marriage. There are many excuses women come up with as far as why they aren't interested in getting between the sheets, but in my opinion they all boil down to one thing, lack of respect.
You might say you have respect for your husband, but if you are denying him of something that is rightfully his (because you willfully gave it over when you said those vows) then you are being disrespectful. The number one thing men desire is respect. Show them respect and they will show you love. Here are some ways you can show your husband respect:
1. No nagging. No dude wants another mother, they want a wife. Keeping your mouth shut instead of nagging them to death is one way of showing you respect them.
2. Allow them to be the head of the household. That means you respect their decisions, even if you don't like what they are doing. Let me tell you something, you can't change your man! The only way they will truly change is if God changes his heart. So start praying they make better decisions instead of wasting your breath harassing them. You will be amazed at what happens....I have been, in my marriage.
3. Don't deny them. Have you ever been rejected? Not a good feeling, right? Telling your husband you can't have sex with him because "I am too tired" or "I am not in the mood" or moving to other side of the couch because you don't want him to touch you and get any ideas, is rejection, and it will ruin your marriage. If he wants to do "it" you need to be a willing participant.
Without sex, you are basically roommates. I don't know about you, but I don't want a roommate. When you married that man, you gave him your body, and he gave you his. If you have lost the attraction to your husband go read my "Fake it Til You Make It" post which talks about doing what is right, and your feelings will follow your actions.
So there you have it.... If you care about your marriage, JUST DO IT!
This morning I woke up and my head was pounding. I never get headaches, much less migraines, but I was well on my way to a full blown puking migraine. With a hubby working overtime, and two little wild children on my own, that is not going to work.
Here is what I did to get rid of it!
Made my kids turn off all the noise making toys
Rubbed peppermint oil on my temples
Continuously held the peppermint oil up to my nose
Took a hot shower with steam, and you guessed it, more peppermint oil
Brushed my skin to stimulate my lymphatic system and help flush toxins out of my body. (If you don't have a skin brush, get one! I will have a post on the benefits skin brushing very soon!)
Drank a couple glasses of water
Less than a half hour later I felt like a new woman, and it didn't return!No drugs necessary! As you can tell peppermint oil was the key. I suggest you put it in your medicine cabinet asap. I have also used it to completely stop a tummy bug in both my daughter and myself. Mix it with a carrier oil, rub it on the belly and neither of us threw up again, two totally separate occasions! Peppermint oil, get some and avoid filling your body with toxic chemical drugs!
Kids are not an excuse to let yourself go moms, they are all the more reason to keep yourself healthy! God gave us one body to live our whole life in, we have to take care of it! Here are some tips to getting a smokin' hot bod, even with a bunch of babies around!
1. Find a work out buddy. Recently I have been doing my work outs with my best friend. We don't let each other slack and it forces me to do it even when I don't feel like it!
2. Change it up. If you don't like something, don't do it forever. When I was trying to lose weight I ran. Once I got to my goal, I changed it up and now I do less cardio and lots more muscle building stuff. If you get bored, do something different! Try and stick to one thing for at least 30 days.
3. Abs are made in the kitchen, people! If you want a flat tummy you can't eat garbage. If you want a smaller waist, you can't eat junk. I don't care how many crunches you are doing, it won't help. Cut out the gluten and sugar, increase green foods and you will be amazed.
4. Make time. You must make yourself a priority, if you don't everyone will suffer. My husband always jokes that mama needs to be happy or nobody is.... and it's true! Exercise helps elevate your mood, gives you energy, and adds confidence. In turn everyone in the house will benefit. Whether you do a work out video while they are napping, or go for a run when hubby gets home.. Make it happen.
5. Chart your progress. Whether you are weighing in once a week, measuring inches, or taking before and after pics, you need to be able to see progress to keep you motivated. Pick one day a week to chart your progress and make it as much of a priority as the exercise itself, I promise you won't regret it!
Have fun and as always I would love to hear your results! XXOO
Lately I have really been realizing the importance of surrounding yourself with the right kind of people. I understand now more than ever that if you want to have a happy life you must surround yourself with people who inspire and uplift you. Ask yourself, what kind of person do you want to be?
I don't know about you, but I want to be happy! Happy is not just an emotion, it is a state of being. A happy person is not swayed by bad circumstances. We all have hard times, it is part of life, but the kind of person I aspire to be is happy no matter what life throws their way! Most people live their life based off circumstances, but God calls us to be be happy all of the time.
"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1Thessalonians 5:16-19
If you are going to become the person who can genuinely be thankful in all circumstances, then you must surround yourself with people who are going to help you do that. Ask yourself, after you spend time with any specific person, how do you feel? Do you feel anxious? Maybe they make you worry? Do you feel depressed? These are some warning signs to a toxic relationship. I have had many experiences with people like this, and it doesn't mean you need to cut them off completely (it might) but it does mean you need to cut the amount of time you spend with them down to a bare minimum.
Surround yourself with people who inspire you to be great. For example, one thing I want in my life is to have a strong, healthy, and happy marriage. That means I don't take advice from people whose marriages are NOT all of that stuff. I look for marriage advice from Godly couples who have strong, healthy marriages. Our marriage continues to grow and get stronger every day and I am convinced that it is because we have found, and continue to find people who have been down our same road. Marriage is hard work, don't make it harder by surrounding yourself with people who aren't happy in theirs!
Another example, who is your best friend? Does your best friend see life with a positive outlook or do they continually focus on the negative? Do they inspire you to be a better wife, mommy, and woman in general? Mine does! I will say hands down she is a better mom than I am!! Her house is always clean, she is very organized and her kids always look magazine ready. She inspires me to be better. I can say because of her, I am better.
The right people in your life will make all the difference in the world. Cut out the negative relationships and find people who inspire you to be better. If they don't build you up, and help you when you are feeling down it is time to go!
Please feel free to share your experiences with me! I love to hear from YOU my friends!!!!! XXOO
If you are a young mom chances are that you constantly have people giving you advice that you didn't ask for. Even better are the ones who give looks of disgust about the way you are raising your kids.. Do what you want with your kids people, but leave me alone with mine...
For laughs I came up with a list of people whom I don't need unsolicited advice from.
1. People with no kids... Yup, this is my favorite. I don't care how many kids you were a nanny for, if you have a freaking doctorate in child psychology, or are the best aunt in the world. If you don't have children of your own, you have no idea. It is something you must experience first hand.
2. People with one kid.. My husband and I have a combined total of 3 kids. Your advice won't help me.
3. People who put their kid in daycare... Sorry people, you can't compare a stay at home mom to a working mom. One stays all day with a bunch of rugrats constantly demanding something, and one goes to work where chances are they do a job, get a lunch break, go to the bathroom alone, and have adult interaction. Yes, my 9 month old is attached to me at the hip. Yes, he cries at strangers holding him. No, there is nothing weird about it, he is not "clingy" or socially awkward, he is a BABY who wants his MOM! So wipe that smug look off your face, lady.
4. People who formula feed. Again, I have nothing in common with your way of parenting because I see formula as toxic trash. Enough said.
5. People who vaccinate. Did you know that statistically the people with higher levels of college education don't vaccinate? Yes, true story. The more educated people are the less likely they will vaccinate their children. I research EVERYTHING when it comes to my kids, if you don't do the same then I don't really care to hear your opinion.
6. People who put their kid in public school. Schools in this state are horrible, the Common Core curriculum is disgusting and evil and if you don't even know what it is, and have a child in public school I suggest you look into it. There are other options besides homeschooling people, do your research.
It's is pretty simple, if somebody isn't asking for your advice don't give it to them, instead rant about it on your own blog like I just did ;) hehe <3