To partner with Courtney, click DONATE! Each inmate book sponsorship is $10

I WAS IN PRISON DOCUMENTARY

Keeping my littles little for a little longer

I was at Costco a couple weeks ago (which was the last week of June) and I was absolutely horrified because they had HALLOWEEN stuff out!!!! All I could think was "are you freaking kidding me?! I am just now getting into the summer routine of pool, beach, sprinklers in the front yard, tan skin, light hair and you want to shove me into fall?!"

I realized that this is not really Costco's fault, they are just capitalizing on the demands of their customers. This is a bigger problem, its a society problem.

These days everything is always in such a hurry. There is so much focus on "the next thing" whether it be the new iphone coming out or something as simple as waiting for the next season to come along. 

Being content where you are, with what you have, has become obsolete. 

I find it so sad when I see kids looking at their phone or ipad instead of playing with each other

My point here is that society rushes children into the next thing as quick as they do the next fashion trend. Kids are not allowed to be kids, they go straight from being a toddler to being a mini adult with a cell phone and ipad and having role models like Miley Cyrus and Lyndsay Lohan.... It scares me.

My message is to slow down, people. Stop where you are and embrace it. Enjoy the journey, keep your kids little by taking away all the noise.... Limit the TV, take away the phone and ipad. Talk to them about life, tell them stories. Leave them with their thoughts and let them be bored! Boredom sparks creativity.

Let your littles be little a little longer than most <3






We want to hear from you!!!

Name

Email *

Message *