To partner with Courtney, click DONATE! Each inmate book sponsorship is $10

I WAS IN PRISON DOCUMENTARY

Oh Darlings, don't you ever grow up

It is days like today that I never ever want to forget. There are days when I feel like I have absolutely lost my mind and am the worst mom in the history of moms. Then there are days like today that I just love every second of mommyhood.

I hope I never forget how excited Hazel was to put on her new ballet leotard, and take her first ballet class, with mommy as her teacher, of course. How hard she tried to do her spins perfectly, and how happy she was that she learned to plie. How she requested beans and rice for dinner, then fell asleep on the couch. Nothing life changing happened today, but I have absolutely everything that anyone could ever hope for. A healthy little girl who lights up my whole world.

Then there is the boy. I don't ever want to forget how he came speed walking up to me with stretched out arms when I came to pick him up. He was so happy to see me, and as soon as I got there he was pointing at snacks saying "this." I hope I never forget how much he likes food and snacks. How he already goes in the snack cabinet and picks out what he wants. How he scrunches his little nose when he is whining or trying to be cute. I can't imagine life without that little fat fat.

Today is gone, tomorrow they will be a little older, and a little closer to being big kids who no longer want mommy to "hold you." I want to soak up every second. I want them to remember a happy mom who spent time playing with them, holding them, snuggling them, dancing with them, laughing with them, and mostly loving them.

Lord, please help me be the mom you want me to be. I don't want to waste a single day. Amen.


We want to hear from you!!!

Name

Email *

Message *